Friday 9 October 2015

London (1)

Always when the plane touches down at London Heathrow I feel this wave of relief and "Gods, I am home!" washing over me. Suddenly everything is the way it should be, the accent, the attitude, the understatement - even the sun and the colours are not as bright and sometimes annoying as you can find them in Central Europe.... To put it all short: I love England, and I certainly LOVE London.

It is so good to be back!


I don´t know if you have been, but I know I won´t ever be - namely up there. But the Shard definately is programmed for Hasi and David next time. I prefer to stay on the ground having a good chat and a drink, since I am not sick of living.. Not a cat´s chance in hell you can get me up there!


After a trip down Memory Lane like seeing the Tower Bridge and the Tower it definately was time for a visit at the local pub.



Our Sunday visit at Buckingham was a bit boring. Seen it too many times, and HRH was not there anyway. Should we have told the hundreds of tourists waiting? There was this tiny little sign in front of the palace that there would not be any change of guards on Sunday...


I have a new favorite quarter which is Shoreditch! It is the former East End, now a place full of little shops and little markets, singers in the streets and plenty of good food. Next time I will be definately saving some appetite to try the Brick Lane Bakery there. And of course there is Curry Lane... I so would love a nice Curry now....


Hasi and David went up the eye (after a brisk and long march through the city from Shoreditch to the Thames). Larissa and I had a good chat at the river banks, while the guys probably had a good time up there too. I am sure it was a great ride, but I am also happy I did not have to do it myself and simply can enjoy the pics.


Yeah, we are all back together, and we all survived! And now off to some good food...


Great evening at Wagamama´s! We all love Asian food, and the food there is lovely and tasty. Oh, and because mine came 5 mins late I got mine for free, how cool is that.


Afterwards we walked for a while to get back to Towerhill Station. The air was mild, and there was just the best sing-a-song-writer playing his guitar beneath the Eye. What a perfect evening it was!



4 comments:

Jü said...

Ich durfte ja schon ein paar Fotos sehen und Berichte hören, und man muss wohl wirklich dem ollen Johnson zustimmen: Who is tired of London, is tired of life! :)
Bin schon gespannt auf Teil 2 - mit Theaterbericht?!

P.S.: Das Tower-Bridge-Foto ist sooo leiwand (sehe es jetzt dank Computerbildschirm in angemessener Größe) - ihr schaut alle drei smashing aus, die Brücke, der Stef und besonders du! :)

Hase said...

Danke für das tolle Kommentar zum Tower-Bridge-Foto - der Gedanke, "smashing" zu sein, bringt mich gleich zum blöd und geschmeichelt grinsen. Obwohl ich finde, dass ich irgendwie seltsam aussehe, also ich bin nicht sicher, ob ich mich erkennen würde. Die Tower-Bridge sieht aber jedenfalls smashing wie immer aus. Einige Minuten später war sie sogar offen - allerdings ist dann ein winziger Spuckerl durchgefahren, dessen Mast einfach extrem hoch war, was dann irgendwie fast wie eine Karikatur und gar nicht mehr "smashing" gewirkt hat. Jedenfalls: LONDON ROCKS! Theaterbericht: Eher sehr zurückhaltend, denn ich hab keine Lust, von Mr. Cumberbatch´s zweifellos sehr strengen Lawyers gebeutelt zu werden.... Aber bissi Theaterbericht natürlich schon. :-)

Jü said...

Glaubst du denn, du würdest Dinge schreiben, die besagte lawyers auf den Plan rufen?? o.O Oder wird man jetzt schon geklagt, wenn man nicht 11 von 10 Sternen gibt? ;-) Freue mich (trotzdem) auf weiteren Bericht! :)

Hase said...

Ich glaube jedenfalls, dass der Hype derzeit so groß ist, dass gewisse Leute einfach auf gewisse Dinge ununterbrochen schauen, und dass man sich wahrscheinlich wundern würde, wie wenig die Lawyers schon auf den Plan rufen tätate. Also Fotos sind jedenfalls ein No-Go....