Thursday 16 February 2012

Happy Valentine´s Day!

You know that I could not care less about Valentine´s Day, but since I spent a lot of time in New York City I just love it! And it is the only night of the year when I really, really miss the Big Apple. Valentine´s is the day when the shops are full of flowers, red hearts, candies, pink poodles, the top of the Empire State Building is lit in bright red in the night, the restaurants are full with couples enjoying their special night out together .......... *deep sigh* So, YES, if Valentine´s then the whole package, I want the pink poodles, the cuddly teddy bears, the chocolates in heartshaped boxes!!

Vienna is a bit holding back when it comes to Valentine´s Day and pinky poodles are hard to get, but we try to arrange at least a nice dinner and some small presents.


We had scampi for starters and cheese fondue for main course - Stefan loves it lots, and he only gets it in Switzerland usually, because I am not so fond of it. So it came as a surprise! And I must say that this time - maybe the air outside Switzerland? - I liked it myself. And of course some nice sparkling wine along with it.

We gave each other little presents - okay, he gave me a PS3-game, which is not so little when thinking that they seem to weigh it up in gold - and I gave him a CD, and the evening was spent in very good mood with a warm fire in the fireplace.


Rumor has it, that we might be going out for a late Valentine´s Dinner coming weekend. I just love surprises!!

I hope you all had a perfect Valentine´s Day!

2 comments:

SIS said...

Ach so schön....ich finde Valentin gewinnt immer mehr an Bedeutung, fast schon wie Ostern sogar stimmungsvoller. Tolles Deko und wie mir scheint leckeres Essen!!
Bin schon gespannt wohin es euch nächstes WE treibt!
DDDDDDDB Dein Sis

Hase said...

Da hast du ganz sicher recht, meine Lieblingsfeste mittlerweile sind eigentlich Valentine´s und Halloween! Aber Ostern ist auch schön, wenn die Blumen wieder blühen und das Gras sprießt.... Ach, ich glaub, ich fang am besten gleich mit den Vorbereitungen an! DDDDDDB, Dein Sis