Wednesday 21 November 2012

Final exam

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did it!!! My final exam is over, and I passed!!!! At the moment I still cannot believe that four years of very intense work culminated in this very special and very exciting day yesterday, and that all is good, I passed and it is done! I do not feel any different, I breathe the same, I sleep the same (or rather not, this morning I woke up at 4.15 and could not go back to dreamland), and I am the same person I was before (whatever some people in the ministry said years ago, now I am not wiser, better or anything) - but still I passed. And it´s done. And I passed!



Waiting for Godot. My "delegation" was almost as nervous as I was (maybe more nervous thinking of my mom), and while I was examined they stood in the hall indecisively, looked out of this and that window, lurked about the hallways to throw suspicious glances on the door where "it" happened all behind and ... took photos. (You all wonder now who that photo taking person was.)

I will never forget their faces when I breezed out of the door, my delegation ready to cheer, me shaking my head meaning, "the comission first has to deliberate" (which is how it is done in our institute - but I did not know that they did not know), and they made faces and groaned and thought I had failed! Of course it was mean, but I did not do it on purpose, lol. But within minutes I was called back in and was told that it had not taken them long to decide that - tatatataaaa!!!!!!! - I passed!

I think I shook three hands, I think I saw smiling faces and I think I was told to go out and party, but these next seconds are a bit vague. Then I stormed out, the champagne cork popped and the first, very spontanous and very private party started.



My dear commission, please forgive me that I might violate your personality rights, but I just have to put this photo online. Honestly, I did not want my dear Hasi to take any photos like this, but now they are here and I cannot resist. From right to left: My tutor and first examiner (she is sooo nice), my head of commission (she is absolutely lovely) and my second examiner and head of Comparative Literature (he is very nice, but I am never sure if he actually likes that). (And I cannot get this voice out of my head that obviously was Stefan, racing after the three of them, asking for a photo. And then I hear another unbelieving voice, "What? The whole commission? You mean all of us??" with a very self-secure "Yes" as an answer. Gee!!!)


The one and only good-luck token that actually made it onto the exam table. Unfortunately a certain Miss Bunny had to stay in my bag after I saw the unbelieving glance of my first examiner, and Mr. Mag.Mag. Nellie (a very powerful elefant) had been prepared to sit in my trouser bag anyway (he is tiny, in case you wonder, which again tells us, that size is not everything). And other tokens were hiding here and there. And they all did a great job!


Some spontanous late lunch, organized by my Hasi. We were all so proud, we could hardly walk! See my mom beaming? I think she was the proudest.


The food was gorgeous! Even though I think I held up the whole ordering process, the others were hungry and I was not - which is something very unusual, but I was just too wound up. At the end I got a lovely Brathendl, and it was the best Brathendl I ever had. (And the first one I think in a century.) The little package is a package of new cards with new title and all that my mom gave me as a surprise present. She is so cute - she really believes in these things, and therefore of course it is most appreciated by yours truly. (And thank you for the chocolate, Tschü! Ich war brav!)

 
And after lunch, going back to the car and one last hop to the institute.


For this time I want to conclude with a part of a famous quote of my very much admired Charles Dickens.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief...." and of course "...we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way..."

I had the privilege to experience all this, I learned, I doubted, I was foolish, going through Heaven and hell, I believed and boy, I had so much fun! This part of the journey is over, but whereever it will take me from now on there will be other paths to explore and other winds to sail.

What I definately foresee in the near Future: Lots of partying! That is for sure!


9 comments:

Katzi said...

Mein lieber akademischer Hase.
Dear Mägister!
ich kann ja gar nix schreiben, weil ich so unendlich gerührt bin.
von allem!!

dass du alles gut bestanden hast und die gefühlvolle Beschreibung und dass du nun mein Magisterhase bist.

und das alles macht mich sprachlos!!
KissiHugiLoviKatzi

mehr kann ich im Moment gar nicht sagen!

Hase said...

Mein liebes Katzi,

DANKE für dein Mitfiebern und Mitfühlen! Es war ein sehr spannender Tag gestern, und es waren sehr bewegte vier Jahre. Eigentlich: it was the best of times!! Nur schlafen sollte man halt mal wieder können, da war das vormätschisterliche irgendwie entspannter. Ich werde doch jetzt nicht immer schon um 4.15 Uhr wach liegen??? : )) Dicks Bussi, dein immer dein Hais seiener Hais

Jü said...

Hui, so schnell schon mit den Fotos und dem Blogeintrag! Magistra Speedy Gonzales :-))
Bin übrigens grad ein kleines bisschen stolz, dass es ein Foto bei dem ich auf den Auslöser gedrückt habe in den Blog geschafft hat - dafür dass ihr alle drei super-happy ausschauts kann ich eh schon wieder nix, und Bildausschnitt und Licht hat auch Stefan eingestellt, aber trotzdem. :D

Und sonst:
Nochmal herzliche Gratulation!!! FRAU MAGISTER! :-)

P.S.: Ad Schoki: Hab festgestellt, dass ich nicht einmal nachgeschaut hab, was es für eine Sorte ist (hab nur nach Bild vorne gekauft), hoff, man kanns essen, sonst als Vogelfutter o.ä. verwenden. ;-)

Jü said...

Comment moderation enabled - all comments must be approved by the blog author - gibs zu, du willst nur nicht, dass Big B plötzlich hier kommentiert. :-P
(Darfst diesen Kommi gern löschen bzw. nicht-veröffentlichen, wollt nur meinen Senf dazugeben nachdem ich gesehen habe dass mein vorheriger Kommentar erst approved werden muss).

Hase said...

Hähä, war mir irgendwie ein Bedürfnis, diesen Blog so rasch wie möglich reinzustellen! Hab damit selbst den Tag nochmal Revue passieren lassen, was zur Realisierung beigetragen hat, dass das ganze kein Traum war und tatsächlich passiert ist! Danke fürs super Bild, auf dem wir wie drei Cheshire-Katzen grinsen, bevor wir uns in das Lokal hinein in Luft auflösen! :) Äh, und was die Schocki betrifft: Die wird erstmal gehortet, um mir täglich zu sagen, wie BRAV ich doch bin, und daher wird sie länger nicht gegessen, egal wie sie schmeckt. *gg*

Danke für die Gratulations und natürlich fürs spontane Dabeisein!!

Winke!!

Tamara said...

HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH! Ich freue mich sehr für dich, dass alles so gut geklappt hat. Nun ist wieder ein Lebensabschnitt vorbei, was du sehr gut durch Charles Dickens Worte ausgedrückt hast...Jedenfalls kannst du dich nun ganz entspannt auf Kopenhagen freuen! Genieße es und lass den ganzen Stress der letzten Monate hinter dir :-)
Liebe Grüße Tamara

Hase said...

Liebe Tamara,
Vielen Dank für die guten Wünsche! Ich kann immer noch nicht wirklich glauben, dass diese Reise vorbei ist, aber ich bin schon sehr gespannt, wohin es zukünftig geht... Zuerst einmal nach Kopenhagen!! Jetzt gehe ich wirklich daran, die Reise genau zu planen, dazu war bisher leider noch keine Zeit. Und entspannen werde ich auch erstmal. *gg* Und dann ist das Jahr schon fast wieder vorbei, Wahnsinn, wie schnell es vergangen ist!
Liebe Grüße, Silvia

Anonymous said...

WHAT A DAY - was für eine Freude - was für ein wunderbarer Tag - Die Erinnerung an diesen Tag wird mich durch mein ganzes restliches Leben begleiten. Ich bin so unendlich stolz auf Dich, dass Du Dein Studium erfolgreich abgeschlossen hast - und das auch noch in der Mindeststudienzeit. Mögen all Deine Träume und Wünsche, die Du damit verbunden hast in Erfüllung gehen mein Herzilein. Dein Hase der mit Dir lebt und vor lauter Stolz strahlt wie der Weihnachtsbaum vor dem Rathaus :-)

Hase said...

Mein Schatzi, ich kann nur sagen: Danke, danke, danke. Fürs für mich Dasein, fürs Dabeisein, fürs Mitfiebern, fürs Stolzsein....

Und da es ja ein privater Blog ist, sag ich jetzt ganz grad heraus: Ich hab dich lieb!!

Dein Hasi